The team at Dynamic M&E pride ourselves on delivering the entire M&E process from design, build and installation to ongoing maintenance of projects. We operate in a wide range of national sectors, including residential, commercial, public sector, leisure and retail and are perfectly places to fulfil all mechanical, electrical and specialist building service requirements.
The opportunity has arisen for an experienced Electrical Estimator to join our well-established and growing M&E business. This is a hands-on role with a responsibility for the production of Electrical tenders for both predesigned and design & build projects.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Technical and commercial assessment of tender documentation.
- Identify potential risks and opportunities associated with the tender documents
- Quantify the extent of the works involved from tender documents including all schedules and control requirements
- Identify and engage supply chains to maximise commercial opportunities and savings during the bids process.
- Generate and manage technical sub-contract and supplier enquiries
- Create high quality tender submission documents
- Generate tendered cost schedule utilising established principals and costing mechanisms including labour and staffing allocations
- Present tender outputs to managers for commercial and technical approval
- Prepare the commercial tender for submission to the client
- A solid understanding of Electrical estimating and previous experience in the construction industry, ideally as an estimator in a similar role
- Established background in Estimating, Quantity surveying, Project & Bid Management
- Understand and interpret detailed Technical Works Scope documentation whilst having the ability to identify and mitigate areas of commercial risk
- Commercial and contractual awareness
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to communicate technical issues to co-professionals
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Organisational, project management and planning skills, including the ability to multitask on several projects
If you would like to be part of the Dynamic team, please send us a copy of your CV and a covering letter, explaining how you feel you can add value to our team